|Born 2015||Born 2014||Born 2013|
What is Barca Juniors? The Barca Juniors program
1) Provides a safe, positive and fun learning environment
2) Players are encouraged to be creative dribblers
3) Encourages players to find individual and team solutions to game demands.
4) Introduces players to Barca vocabulary and game concepts essential to playing the Barca way
As you review the practice and game information below, please know that you can sign up your child up for practices only. You do not have to sign up for games. However, to sign up for games, your child must be signed up for at least 1 practice.
Class Size: 12 players max per class.
Practice Format: the practice format is dynamic, progressive and exciting. Players work hard, have fun and learn.
Ball Control - called coordinative actions, players are exposed to ways to control the soccer ball while dribbling and passing/ receiving. Players are continuously challenges to apply these techniques in game-like situations.
Games - Barca teaches through game play. For the Juniors program, small sided games can be 1v0, up to 5v5. The coaches apply age-appropriate constraints to the players experience success.
Confidence - Barca loves to see players smile when they play. A player's confidence grows when they feel supported by their coach and teammates.
Players may practice 1 or 2 times per week.
|Day||Class 1: 5-6pm||Class 2: 6-7pm||Class 3: 7-8pm|
Mondays (5): November 9, 16,30; December 7, 14
Wednesday (5): November 11, 18; December 2, 9, 16
Mondays (8): January 4, 11, 18, 25; February 1, 8, 15, 22
Wednesday (8): January 6, 13, 20, 27; February 3, 10, 17, 24
Roster Size: Max of 20 players; two teams of 10 players
Game Experience - the title says it all. The kids play games! The games are for the players. Coach instruction is limited to positive reinforcement and general question to help them see opportunities to apply the week's lessons from training.
Each week the game format may change based on the content being taught during practice. Examples include:
* Multiple goals: if the players are working on change of direction dribbling to unbalance the opponent (defender), the game format may have multiple goals.
* Numerical Advantages: when teaching passing, games could be a mix of 3v3 and 5v2 situations to encourage proper spacing. Numerical advantage and disadvantage situations also help teach transition concepts (possession to recovery).
Players must register for a practice to be eligible for game days.
|Day||Time: 5:00 to 6:00 PM||Time: 6:00 to 7:00 PM|
November/ December (6): Nov. 6, 13, 20; Dec. 4, 11, 18
January/ February (8): Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29; Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26
Winter Barca Academy Juniors program start the week of November 9, 2020. Coach Mike can be reached by email HERE, or by text message at 614-570-2605.
|Barça Juniors Details|
|Age Groups||U6 to U8|
|Birth Years||2015 to 2013|
|Practice Fee - Nov/Dec (5 sessions)||$90.00|
|Game Fee - Nov/Dec (6 games)||$108.00|
|Practice Fee - Jan/Feb (8 sessions)||$144.00|
|Game Fee - Jan/Feb (8 sessions)||$144.00|
|Game Uniform||Not Required|
|Coaches||Professional Staff approved by the Barca Academy Director|